CASE STUDY: Award-winning interactive slime store enhances visitor experience for shoppers in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- Gootopia is a family run business, founded in 2018. The company runs workshops for children to make and play with their own slime and also offers ‘Wine and Slime’ and ‘Slimefulness’ workshops for adults
- The company started its operations in a former railway arch unit in Brixton
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Launch the UK’s first standalone high street slime store
- Expand the brand’s retail footprint
- Increase brand awareness
- Open a pop-up store in Lewisham shopping centre offering various slime workshops, themed sessions during school holidays, slime parties and school science workshops
- Soapbox 2023 award win in April at ceremony held by Completely Retail and Landsec – part of the award was a slot to showcase their brand on the Piccadilly Circus Lights screen
- The Lewisham Shopping Centre pop-up store has been extremely popular, with its weekend business steadily growing
- Brand awareness has also increased and the retailer is now looking to expand the concept into other parts of the country
“We’re delighted to have opened our Gootopia store and receive such a great response from the public. Our shop unit in Lewisham Shopping Centre is the perfect space for hosting our workshops and parties allowing kids (and adults) to get stuck in! We’re thrilled to have won the award at Soapbox in April and are excited to continue to grow the Gootopia brand!”
– Chris and Nishi, Gootopia
Looking to retail in a shopping venue near you? Visit our Retail page for more information and to enquire today.
SpaceandPeople offers a broad range of space for pop-up retail, promotions and brand experience activity in busy venues throughout the UK. Our venues include train stations, shopping centres, retail parks and leisure venues. Contact SpaceandPeople to find out more about the space available in venues throughout the UK.