CASE STUDY: Wasabi Distributes 10,000 Flyers in 3 Hours to Promote Restaurant Reopening at Waterloo Station
- Wasabi is a popular restaurant chain with outlets throughout the UK, offering a wide range of food on the go options including sushi and bento boxes
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Raise awareness of the reopening of the Waterloo Wasabi branch following a refurbishment
- Drive traffic to the reopened outlet
- Wasabi worked with Street PR, a promotional advertising & staffing agency, to staff the campaign
- 7 brand ambassadors were stationed at the distribution points located in high traffic locations within London Waterloo Station
- The team wore Wasabi branded t-shirts/jackets and a backpack with a flag to attract the attention of passers-by as they distributed leaflets giving details of the reopening
- The distribution activity took place during the peak afternoon times of 4pm to 7pm
- 10,000 leaflets were distributed during the 3-hour distribution slot
- Footfall on the day of the activity was 278,138
“Using the distribution sites in Waterloo Station enabled us to raise awareness of the reopening of our branch within the station quickly. Having the 3-hour slot allowed us to capitalise on the evening rush hour in a cost-effective way and we saw an uplift in customers on the day of the promotion.”
– Jasmine, Marketing Executive – Wasabi
Looking to promote your business in a Network Rail Station? Visit our Network Rail Venue page for more information and to enquire today.
SpaceandPeople offers a broad range of space for pop-up retail, promotions and brand experience activity in busy venues throughout the UK. Our venues include train stations, shopping centres, retail parks and leisure venues. Contact SpaceandPeople to find out more about the space available in venues throughout the UK.