For the second year running, SpaceandPeople are excited to announce we are working in conjunction with FMBE Awards and Network Rail to offer The Best Use of Space Award. The prize on offer is the chance of £25k worth of promotional space within the Network Rail portfolio to a lucky winner.
The aim of The Best Use Space award is to give a lucky winner the chance of winning £25k worth of Network Rail promotional space which they can use for a promotional activation of their choice. The closing date is
the 9th of August 2019 extended to Monday 18th Aug 2019.
The judging criteria for this award has three main pointers:
- The challenge facing the brand
- Why the venue was chosen
- How you would or have maxed out the KPIs
Top short-listed agencies and brands from last year include: two versatile stands for festivals and outdoor events (for All Out Beauty and L.L Bean), two highly-effective shopping centre/city centre activations (for JBL and Mentos), two very different creative uses of train stations (for Bookatable and Sky Q) and two brave events for Crème Egg, one in Soho (Jackanory), one in Loch Ness (MTKG). Details who won Gold, Silver, and Bronze can be found here: http://fieldmarketing.com/field-marketing-brand-experience-awards-results-2018/.
Last year’s winner and some other entries
SpaceandPeople connect brands with high footfall locations to maximise their experiential activity. Network Rail Train Station’s provide some of the highest footfall platforms in the UK for this. Below are some examples of activations we have placed in various high footfall locations including Network Rail Stations this year.
HOW TO APPLY
- Using a fictional product to showcase your idea in which you think will make the best use at any Network Rail Train Station in a promotional space.
- Using a real case study from the last 5 years that references a brand or event roadshow to show how the location / space was driven to make the best use of the space and maximise the brand. This can be for any destination or venue.
Showing a visual representation of your fictional, real stand or promotional area is required when entering, as well as your real or anticipated reach and overview of any creative thinking methods that have helped, or would help, the event to exceed its KPIs.
The judges need to be supplied with the following:
- A jpeg / PDF or video showing either your existing brand event or your visualisation of one.
- Provide via a word doc or PDF the three main judging criteria points with roughly a 200-word limit per each point.
- (The challenge facing the brand (or imagined product) (guide 200 words)
- Why the venue was chosen (guide 200 words)
- How you would or have maxed out the KPIs (guide 100 words)
No previously entered events or campaigns should reapply to this award.
SpaceandPeople clients discount entry £200
SENDING YOUR ENTRY
Email your entry to email@example.com, using WeTransfer or similar for large files or video.
Prize is for promotional space at one or multiple Network Rail Train Stations to a maximum combined value of £25,000
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This award is open to direct recipients of the email/communication excluding employees of SpaceandPeople, Field Marketing and Brand Experience (FMBE) and Network Rail or their respective group companies.
- To enter the award, submit your entry via the awards portal on the FMBE website: http://fieldmarketing.com/about-the-awards/.
- The winner will be selected by a panel of industry judges.
- All entries must be submitted via the FMBE team by 5pm on
9th August18th August 2019.
- 1 winner will receive promotional space to the combined value of £25,000 in one or multiple Network Rail train stations (train stations eligible for this award prize are: Waterloo, London Victoria, Liverpool Street, Kings Cross, Paddington, Euston, Charing Cross, London Bridge, Cannon Street, Clapham Junction, Leeds, Glasgow Central, Edinburgh Waverley, Manchester Piccadilly, Liverpool Lime Street, Birmingham New Street, Bristol Temple Meads, Reading and Guildford)
- Winners of the “SpaceandPeople Best Use Of Space Award” will be notified at the FMBE Awards Ceremony on 26th September 2019.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. SpaceandPeople, Field Marketing and Network Rail accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the award and not specifically included in the award, including, without limitation, costs of transfers and/or travel to London, meals, accommodation and other living expenses.
- SpaceandPeople retains the right to substitute the award prize with another award prize of similar value in the event the original prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond their control.
- Some dates are often not available for promotional space including, but not limited to, Bank Holiday weekends, Christmas, Wimbledon and Valentine’s Day. Booking period for the promotion must be made and take place between 07.10.19 – 30.06.20.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of SpaceandPeople, FMBE and/or Network Rail for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of their negligence.
- SpaceandPeople accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering for the Award or accepting the prize.
- SpaceandPeople reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this award prize with or without prior notice due to reasons outside their control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of SpaceandPeople in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- SpaceandPeople shall not be liable for any failure to comply with their obligations where the failure is caused by something outside their reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure..
- The winning company and its employees must adhere to Network Rail and SpaceandPeople’s terms of promotion. SpaceandPeople, FMBE and Network Rail will not be liable for any promoter’s failure to comply with these requirements.
- In entering the award, the brand/agency/promoter agrees that FMBE, Network Rail and SpaceandPeople may create and/or use images of the brand/agency/promoter’s activities, materials and personnel in the venue(s), and hereby grants FMBE, Network Rail and SpaceandPeople an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use any such images (and any intellectual property contained within them) and/or any trademarks and trade names of the promoter for the purpose of referencing the relevant activity in materials promoting the Award, venue(s) and SpaceandPeople’s business (including but not limited to its website and case studies).
- The SpaceandPeople’s Best Use of Space prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Previous bookings made prior to and, for dates during, the Overall Award Period, cannot be exchanged or refunded for any booking acquired in accordance with this Award.
- For the details on the winning award submission, please refer to the Awards Issue of the FMBE Magazine 2019.
- Any tax liability due as a result of winning this prize, is the participants own. Please ask senior management permission before entry into this promotion.
Promoter: SpaceandPeople, 2nd Floor, 100 West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 2QD